Phantom with channel select on softkey

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Phantom with channel select on softkey

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arbuster Arbuster 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – and the sound is really what we are here for. But I like to import good ideas when I see them 🙂

Profile photo of Arbuster
    Arbuster
    Participant

I just read this thread because I have the same problem with the “Qu” mixers. It’s not possible to have overviews of almost anything. The “audio interrogate” function from Soundcraft is really useful and is what this thread is about.

How can any sane adult person be “commited” to a brand? I don’t get it. Look at the Soundcraft Expression of Performer mixers if you want to know what a good UI is. Compared to that, the Qu mixers lack really badly. All mixes, FX and LR knobs in blue?!? Why not make the mix knobs fully lighten up like the HPF of EQ knobs? Why not different colors for LR, FX and “mixes” so that you can easier see what you’re working on? And the whole mixer UI in black?!? Really?!? Was the X32 the reference for that? Why not group things together visually with different colors for the different sections? Why not put bigger or different knobs for so important things like mixes and layers? Instead: two unlighted oval grey knobs for the layers…

You want to know how good a mixer’s UI can get these days? Take a look at an Expression or Performer. Maybe you will then rethink the childish concept of being “commited” to a brand. Commit to your wife and kids, yes. But to a brand? Sorry, what a nonsense.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

So if you are so committed to the Si brand then that is fine. To each his own. No console is the be all to end all. I went to a church last week to evaluate their overall sound. They have a Si Expression. After working on AH mixers I found it to be very clunky. Not very user friendly. They have had it a year and were barely able to use it. Had NEVER saved a scene or show. Go figure. I finally figured out most of it by end of service. So you can have your opinion but don’t come on here and trash the brand this forum stands for. If you are not using it you just don’t need to condemn it.

Profile photo of Arbuster
    Arbuster
    Participant

I’m not commited to any brand, that is somthing ridiculous to say the least. And also includes Soundcraft, of course. The initial setup of the mixer might be easier on a Qu. But that was not my point.
    Someone here had the argument of not wanting to hear about other brands because he’s “commited” to A&H. That must be kind of an intimate love relationship with gear… You must be very blinded by such a “commitment” in order to not be able or to not want to see what is good in other “brands”.

The UI of an Expression or of a Performer is better designed than the one of the Qu (and more expensive, for sure). I think that can’t be talked away. If you are willing to accept that you might be willing to accept that some ideas from others might be good too, and then try to implement them. Like is being asked for in this thread.

Btw: I own and use a Qu mixer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.