Phantom Power + USB Streaming?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Phantom Power + USB Streaming?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NakAttack NakAttack 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NakAttack
    NakAttack
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I am using Ableton Live with a Qu32. I got the Qu32 relatively recently and am still trying to figure out how to get it to work properly.

For starters, I am wondering about Phantom Power while using USB streaming. Many of my my mics require phantom power, but changing the operational mode to USB streaming disallows a phantom power menu. Am I wrong to think that I need to be in USB streaming mode in order to work with a DAW?

Beyond this, my inputs are mislabeled for some reason. My 32nd channel on my Allen Heath, comes out as the 18th input on Ableton live. Do you have any idea why this could be happening?

Thank you so much,
    Nakul

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of NakAttack
    NakAttack
    Participant

Thank you for the article. It definitely helped clarify some of my issues. Part of my dilemma is addressed in this thread. https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/qu-32-enable-stereo-outs-to-be-fed-by-daw-firmware-updaterequest-maybe

Basically, since I have a Qu32, my ST1/2/3 routing option does not exist (as shown in the article you sent me). Now I have it such that channel 1-2/fader 1-2 is occupying Ableton’s stereo return (DAW to Qu-32), rendering 2 of the inputs useless but there’s no workaround this it seems. I’ve come to peace with that as 30 is ample. I am wondering though if you know of such a way that channels 31-32 can achieve the stereo return behavior instead of channels 1-2.

Thanks,
    Nakul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.