PFL to Output Bus

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions PFL to Output Bus

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ijordison ijordison 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tfling
    tfling
    Participant

How can I route PFL to an output? Need to send PFL to my in-ears. I looked in the output section but it doesn’t seem to be listed.

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

I would also like to know if this is going to be a possbility. I am using my SQ6 for broadcast mixing in a studio. Would love to send the PAFL to an output bus. Is this going to be possible in a future firmware update?

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Currently, I have not heard of that being possible. There is lots of routing possibilities with the QU series and the PAFL buss, so I’m assuming that’s on the list of firmware improvements.

I don’t think they quite anticipated the attention SQ would get; they were prepared to update the software as momentum grew. But now there’s a huge demand and lots of users already 4mo after announcement and the users want a fully mature product like the QU, but it isn’t there yet.

Just like QU in its infancy was I might add.

A&H Staff might weigh in on if it’s coming soon or not. I expect by end of March some of the big requests will be done.

Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

Sorry, but the option to have a PAFL-Bus as the source for a listening Wedge for example is not a fancy thing to ask, it’s essential for everybody who has to work with the console. And really, I can’t understand why this hasn’t been implemented yet.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

at the moment it’s not possible.

but you can make do:
    building an adaper from the headphone output.
    this is not really complicated, because it is a very simple analog solution

respect joke:
    alternatively you can put the desk in the corner and wait until it may be solved during the next update.
    (duck and cover) 😉

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

At the moment I am using one Y-Cable (TRS Jack to two TS Jacks) for exact that purpose. From the SQ the signal goes to a simple Monitor Controller which also provides a Headphone out, so I do not loose that option. A monitor controller is nevertheless a good option since the SQ do not have relays on the outputs and would cause a plop when turn of the power in my active near field monitors.
    This is the same I am doing also for the XR18;-) (does that means that the two are somehow comparable?;-))

Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

alternatively you can put the desk in the corner and wait until it may be solved during the next update.

I did exactly that, as long as there are only DIY-Solutions the QU16 or QU24 will remain the weapon of choice for small monitor-setups 🙂

Profile photo of ijordison
    ijordison
    Participant

I’m adding my name to the pile of folks who think this is a major restriction. Who thought that not being able to drive a cue wedge was a good idea? An excellent console marred by one major lacking feature.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.