PFL follows mix

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jgrift Jgrift 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kalle
    Kalle
    Participant

Hello everybody!

Today i was preparing a Show, I want to do monitors for FOH.
    So I set up a wedge as my PFL output so far so good, everything works as it should be…
    Now for the tricky part:
    I set up my pfl to follow mix.
    So if I press pfl or mix on an aux, I can hear what is coming out of there and I can use sends on faders. This also works…
    But: if I make softkey wich toggles the mix key of an aux there is no PFL active.
    Also if I set up an PFL on a aux, there are no sends on faders…
    Am I doing something wrong? Or is this not possible… (yet)
    Would like to hear from other members how you would tackle this problem..

I also think it would be cool te have like a macro style softkey: with 1 button to do multiple things.

Something else I found out: if you Setup a custom metering not all inputs are listed the first time you open it.
    And the second time you want to edit I noticed ch1 is blocked by ch64 in the edit bank. (Maybe some software experts are reading this also to make changes in the future) this is not a big deal, but it could be improved…

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

The soft key you are looking for is called. PAFL Mix Set Scene. This button can do all the things you want 🙂

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Additionally to the softkeys there’s a setting that allows you to have the PAFL follow output or input mixes in setup. Go to Setup tab then select Audio, then PAFL. The option that you want is the first one: Mix follows mix PAFL

When this is ON, and you select the mix button on an output mix, the PAFL will also be selected.

Profile photo of Kalle
    Kalle
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback…
    (This is Something i never hope to hear)
    But jgrift’s suggestion worked like a charm.
    Thanks all, made my monitoring more relaxed euch resulted in a less grumpy sound guy 😂😂😂

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

I like to use the scene function on this button to change layouts. Helpful when mixing monitors to bring up the aux master on the primary layer. Hopefully MCA function will come to Avantis like dlive some day. It’s a fast way to work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.