per channel DIrect-out take-off point

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions per channel DIrect-out take-off point

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

I just posted over in dLive in the thread about direct out takeoff points, where I said

The one I hit all the time on the GLD is where you are using Aviom and someone wants some EQ (or, perish the thought, compression) applied to their Aviom channel (unlike ME, Aviom doesn’t have its own per channel EQ). Normally you want everything post preamp, so nothing FOH does messes with the Aviom feed. Note that the “obvious” trick of duplicating the channel and applying different processing doesn’t work becuase you would have to burn another scarce Aux or Group to get it out to the Aviom. If you had per channel direct out take-off points you could set this particular duplicate channel to post PEQ and all would be well.

However, I’ve just noticed that I can assign “Input Socket” to an Aviom Monitor channel. Am I right in thinking that this is exactly equivalent to Direct out post-preamp? In which case, the above problem could be solved by using “Input Socket” for most aviom channels (i.e. post preamp), and Direct out with global set to post-EQ for the duplicate channels that want processing. Does that work?

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

hmmm. I’m guessing that is going to be pre-mute as well. Not necessarily a problem but different from direct out post pre-amp.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mike, you are right. Input Sockets are taken off the preamp, pre digital trim and processing, and are not affected by Mutes. You can patch any combination of Input Sockets and Direct Outs to Aviom or ME-1.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.