Patching

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Patching

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

I am running a Qu-32 with an AB168 snake box. We are using this console for a theatrical production. I have all of my wireless patched local to the board. The infrastructure here has the first 14 inputs in the snake box pathed to physical open inputs on stage. I want to make channel 22 patch to channel 14 on the snake box and channel 22 is yellow and says 14 main but I’m not seeing input signal. Mic cable and mic work. Can anyone help me? Am I patching wrong?

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

So two places to check that the two conditions you need.

[1] hit Sel on Ch 22 and check you’re in “Processing”. Press the Fn Button which takes you to the page where you set the source for each channel. Tap on Ch22 and make sure it’s Yellow (hi dSnake if it’s not).

Press Fn again – note that the gain knob on the Processing page should be yellow

[2] Routing. Press Setup, i/o patch tab and the dSnake In tab below. Tap on Ch 22 then use the rotary encoder to scroll it to 14. Apply then perss setup again and you should be good to go.

I know you probably did all this already but sometimes it helps for someone else to list it out.

The only other thing worth checking is that you haven’t got a PAFL engaged somewhere else.

Let me know if you fixed the issue.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I find the stage box IO patching is easier using the iPad QU Pad App.

Here is copy of my reply to a similar question.

“On the iPad IO patch set up screen the top horizontal row of numbers (main 1 ect.) refers to the inputs on the stage box. The vertical row of numbers to the left refers to the input channel on the mixer.

On the grid put the blue dot at the crosspoint of the desired stage box channel and the channel on the mixer where you want that stage box channel to appear.

Then on the input patching screen select the channel on the mixer you want to come from the stage box / d link as it’s labeled on the patch screen.

With the stage box patching if needed it is possible to patch one channel from the stage
    to multiple inputs on the mixer.

The stage box output patching is set up in the same way.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.