Patch S-Link input to Dante output

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Patch S-Link input to Dante output

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cedd cedd 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cedd
    cedd
    Participant

Is it possible to patch an S-Link input (or console input) directly to a Dante output, without having the input assigned to a channel on the SQ? Effectively turning the S-Link/Dante setup in to a length of wire. If so how a preamp gains handled on the input?
    The above was possible on the Roland M480 i’m hoping to replace (ok, it didn’t have dante, but I could patch directly from one input on one cat5 port to an output on the other without touching the desk) and is a feature I could do with knowing is available.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Such pure routing options would be nice.

Profile photo of cedd
    cedd
    Participant

It’s such a straightforward thing to do on the Roland. Every input can be patched to every output. There’s then a pre amp tab which opens a super-simplified set of gain, phantom and pad controls for every input. Another nice feature is that next to each input’s number in the patchbay is a little signal present light which is a good confidence check that you’ve got the right input. Roland’s patchbay and patching setup in general is in my opinion the best out there.
    It’s also a 10 year old desk though, so hopefully SQ can match it.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Cedd,

Although I cannot confirm 100% yet. But I do have the Dante Card installed in a SQ5 and I believe the answer is Yes you can ‘directly patch’ any input on local console or SLink to any Dante output. I believe this is ideal for comms. Although as of yet I haven’t had a need to test it out yet…. until now. I’ll let you know what I find, probably after this weekend.

Profile photo of cedd
    cedd
    Participant

That’s brilliant, cheers Swell. I’m particularly interested in if you manage to get pre amp control somehow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.