passive v active speakers for gigging band

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions passive v active speakers for gigging band

This topic contains 57 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Iā€™m sorry, but either MUTE in red or ON in green, not ON in a warning colour!

…maybe they’ve tried to mimic the panic blinking yellow led on dSnake inputs indicating a good connection… šŸ˜‰

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Flashing yellow is de rigeur for any ethernet port which is passing data though.
    Of course the dSnake is missing the green “link present” LED…

(It still concerned me yesterday when I had pulled out my entire 50m reel under a temporary building, and the first thing I could plug in on stage was the AR2412 into a temporary power socket – blinking yellow wasn’t what I expected to see, it was only my second time using the AR2412 though, and I was hoping I hadn’t managed to damage the cable dragging it under the building*)

* (Had to put the reel by the stage, then unravel it all out to the side of the building then drag it under the building, which was a commando crawl space at that end)

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Bob…

A radio controlled toy car can be used to pull a nylon string through such spaces. The string can then be used to pull your cable.

DR

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Sometimes it can – but the number of sizeable power cables and other stuff under the building would have required a very capable RC car (and a video link) – and I’d have need to get under the other end anyway (which is all blocked in) to poke the cable up to floor level.

And you still have to pull the cable, I’ve not had to rely on the strength of the cable to pull 40m of it along tarmac…

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Flashing yellow is de rigeur for any ethernet port which is passing data though.

Sure. But did you ever used an AR+expansion on a dark stage? Such silent flickering yellow always makes me nervous and covering the unit isn’t always an option…
    …ok, we’re getting too OT, sorry.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I agree – it needs the green to feel “right”

OT – here, where?

Dick Rees
    Participant

This with a wireless webcam and LED lights:

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Cool…how much, probably cost an arm and a leg !!

Dick Rees
    Participant

https://www.trendtimes.com/remote-control-stunt-car-tank.html

Here’s one with the camera built in. Not amphibious, but fun/usable. On sale for a bill.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

You might want a controllable arm as well. While pulling the cable in probably works pretty smooth, I’m sure the cable gets locked somewhere right in the middle when trying to pull it out. At least my cable would… šŸ˜‰

Dick Rees
    Participant
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Now that’s my future stagehand(s)… šŸ˜‰

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I absolutely hate the Yamaha amber “ON” too ;(

complete morons in that regard

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.