"Pass Through" Effect

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions "Pass Through" Effect

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mamerica mamerica 10 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

Okay, here’s my wacky idea for the day. An effect that does absolutely nothing.
    I need to use delay stacks with the Qu-16. If I could route L/R to an effect, bring it back unchanged on one of the aux busses, I could apply a delay (all of the busses have delay) and send it to the stacks.

Of course it would be easier if we simply had a delay unit (that returns none of the dry signal) in the effects rack.

Profile photo of moon
    moon
    Participant

Hello,
    You should be able to set the Delay FX unit to 100% wet.
    This will give you what you want I believe.
    cheers,
    Mike

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

what moon suggests should work, but i’d also suggest you turn off feedback and any filtering

mamerica
    Participant

I tried several of the built in delays. None of them will really return a completely unaffected sound. Oh well, it was worth the effort.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

i’ll take a look next time i have a desk in front of me..

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I just set up an event running Qu-16 for FoH Mixer and a Front Speaker System in addition with a Delay Speaker System. I used a stereo aux, turned all Input-Faders to 0 and changed the whole AUX to Post Fader! That works pretty good! (For sure… a matrix would be better!)

mamerica
    Participant

I really want something that follows the main fader. An effect that didn’t do anything would be an easy solution. The hardest part would be coming up with a name. Of course a delay effect with zero original signal and a single bounce would work fine but you wouldn’t be able to adjust it from the iPad.

I patched from the Alt Out (Set for LR Post Fader) to Stereo 1 Input. I UN-assigned St1 from all but Aux 2 then used Aux 2 Out with the delay. I stood back by the delay speaker and used the iPad to adjust the delay time.

It worked but it’s kind of sketchy. I don’t like patching the back of the board. It makes me nervous.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.