Parallel headphone output for monitor speaker output

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Parallel headphone output for monitor speaker output

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pjkflyer
    pjkflyer
    Participant

Hello All,

I’m a Newbie to SQ forum. We are awaiting the arrival of 2 SQ6’s, 1 SQ5 and a couple of stage boxes for our worship center audio upgrade. Currently using Soundcraft Performer and Impact boards. Having no prior experience with the SQ’s is it possible to use the headphone output post fader in parallel to drive a set of XLR’s on the back for monitor speakers? We are using 1 of the 6’s for our streaming/broadcast mix and this would be perfect for being able to solo channels to the monitors for EQing and processing adjustments.

Forgive me if this has been addressed before.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi pjkflyer,

Yes it’s possible.

Have a look here (Technical Datasheet) at the SQ System Block Diagramm:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-6-Technical-Datasheet_G.pdf
    You’ll see that SQ offers a Listen Bus (for you speakers) and the PAFL bus.

A&H Session on SQ Signal Monitoring:
    https://www.facebook.com/AllenHeathofficial/videos/4326468394081308/

greetings,
    dd

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Yes as shown you can assign the PAFL output to any output jacks and still have
    use of the headphone jack.

Profile photo of pjkflyer
    pjkflyer
    Participant

Thanks for the information Mike, I was hoping to be able to send the post volume controlled level of the headphone output to a pair of XLR’s to drive my monitor speakers. This would give me a single knob to control my PAFL levels without having to use the surface faders and also not to have an TRS ssplitter plugged into the headphone jack on the top of the mixer.

Hopefully I’ll be able to make the routing work similar to other studio style mixers.

Thanks again,

Paul K
    pjkflyer

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You can assign the PAFL level control to a soft rotary knob on the SQ6.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.