Pan for the Main LR

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Pan for the Main LR

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nudgy Nudgy 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

Why is the “PAN” button disabled when selecting MAINLR? While enabled for Stereo AUX

Profile photo of Nudgy
    Nudgy
    Participant

You use the pan to pan each channel, not the main mix.

You can use a stereo matrix to get around this issue.

Edit: what version are you running? I can pan my LR? I attached a screenshot.

-Adam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

You can use the pan for the Aux mix but not for the main Mix ?
    I think I have the last version 1.5.1

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You can use the pan for the Aux mix but not for the main Mix ?
    I think I have the last version 1.5.1

I don’t understand, it worked always on my shows with the SQ…

you missed something…

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Salut @jb07

The dedicated Pan rotary will control pan for the selected channel when sending a mono Input or Group to a stereo bus/mix.
    It will also control balance when sending a stereo Input, FX Return or Group to a stereo bus/mix.
    To prevent inadvertent changes, it does not control the output balance of the Main LR bus or an Aux, but this can be adjusted (as @nudgy shows) in the Routing screen.
    (As described here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf#page=40&zoom=auto,-361,573 ).

On balance (pun intended), it’s done this way because output balance is usually something that would be set at the beginning of the show or session then left, and definitely not something you’d want to accidentally adjust during mixing.

Quick plug for one of my favourite little extras in V1.5 – holding the ‘Reset’ key and adjusting the Pan rotary (where available) allows you to quickly jump between hard left/centre/hard right positions.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

ohh he was talking about outputs…

Profile photo of Nudgy
    Nudgy
    Participant

Keith,

Wow that is something I didn’t know about the reset key and pan rotary! I’ll for sure have to give it a try later this week!

Thanks!
    -Nudgy (adam)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.