Pairing multiple channels on a QU-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Pairing multiple channels on a QU-32

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mhochman
    mhochman
    Participant

I’m sure this has been requested before, and perhaps will be in a future firmware, But It would be nice to be able to pair muitlple channels, instead of just consecutive odd/even pairs on our QU-32. Yes, I know I could simply create a DCA group. but Then there is the need to switch layers, or use an iPad. I found this weekend that it would have been very nice to be able to bind several channels together into a group of 3 or 4, and not all those channels were consecutive odd/even pairs.

Not a huge deal, but something that might be nice.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

DCA’s or Groups can be easily placed in a Custom Layer to obviate the need to swap layers. Or you could use an iPad…but they’re addictive once you start using them. Just the ability to sound check monitors as you stand by the performer makes it worthwhile.

Good luck.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The big thing with ganging would be levels being not same. In other words say 4 fader could be different level but ganged together. Like we used to do on Pro Tools surfaces. Obviously a DCA or group can do this but different from ganging.

Profile photo of mhochman
    mhochman
    Participant

Yeah, we were just donated an iPad for this purpose on Friday before our show, and that’s exactly what I used it for, accessing things on the 2nd layer.

I’m not sure of the overall usefulnes, but I just found that I had about 4 channels that would have been really handy to bind, even if I could have just had my 3 hanging choir mics all bound instead of just 2 of them.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Again, it is preferable to use Groups or DCA’s rather than linking. As GCumbee notes, once you link them, tweaking individual levels of the ganged channels becomes problematic.

If you’re wanting to control an odd number of channels, linking doesn’t work well. Using a Group allows you to process your choir mics as a group. Linking really doesn’t.
    And don’t forget configuring your physical surface to your liking utilizing the
    Custom Layer.

Good luck.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

On a QU32 I agree with Dick using groups for hanging mics.
    You may want to just tweak mic’s differently out of the 3 or however many you are using.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.