Pairing an A&H SQ6 with an A&H QU16 for live streaming broadcast

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Pairing an A&H SQ6 with an A&H QU16 for live streaming broadcast

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of T T 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of T
    T
    Participant

We have an SQ6 console for our main and monitor mixes, with both stage boxs sending via S-Link / Cat 6 from the stage, and also local channels for playback and wireless microphones. We are currently using mix 10 as a video feed, but we are looking to have a way for our video crew to be able to make their own adjustments at a separate console.

We also have an QU16 console that we want to pair with our SQ6 and use it as a broadcast control console that receives the S-Link signals from the stage and the local playback and wireless microphones and allow for broadcast level changes without affecting the main mix levels, similare to setting up with old school multiple split input/output boxes.

Is this possible without having a second S-Link input jack on our SQ6, or will we need an additional S-Link input module (hardware) to make this possible, or is there yet another way to do this?

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

You will need the S-Link card to make it work.

Then just send the channels needed via Tie lines.

Profile photo of T
    T
    Participant

Hi Soren,
    Thanks for your response, and it seems simple, but I believe I’m simpler.

Our SQ6 only has the one S-Link input. Will I need another S-Link/output card for our SQ6 plus an S-Link input card for our QU16?

And, I still don’t understand how this daisy-chain connection will also provide for the local inputs to our SQ6 to transfer to the QU16. Is there an A&H tutorial for doing this for broadcast scenarios like ours?
    T

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

You just need the S-Link card in the SQ6

Then connect the QU to that card.

On the SQ, in I/O use Tielines to patch the signals from the stageboxes and the SQ (those that you need) to the expansion card, and on the QU patch that as the normal input from a stagebox.

Profile photo of T
    T
    Participant

Thanks Soren,
    It sounds easy. I’m getting better at digital, but I’m a one man department, and have limited time to devote to each of the new technologies that have become common in our industry. I’ll only write back if I can’t figure it out.
    Terry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.