Pair 2 or more faders

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Pair 2 or more faders

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jb07 jb07 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

is it possible to pair 2 or more faders together.
    Without going through a DCA.
    Thank you
    I’m French, sorry for my poor English

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The faders/channels can be ganged together, moving any fader in the “gang” will move the others.
    When the faders are ganged together you can not set individual levels on each fader and have them track that level like with a DCA group, they all move parallel to each other.

You could also assign them to a group.

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

Thank you for the quick reply.
    It actually works.
    I used this function on a YAMAHA 01v96 console to lower all the faders without losing the levels of each, when one of the faders is at the limit. Is there a similar method?
    thank you

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

The solution for that task in theA&H universe is called DCA. You cannot see the changes of the levels but they are changed relative to each other. Ganging always set the level of all associated channels to the same value.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you want to maintain the level balance between all the faders/channels that are grouped together you’ll need to use a DCA or an audio group assignment.
    Using an audio group will let you add processing that groups of channels and if needed
    a direct combined output of those channels.

If you do use an audio group you will want to un-assign those grouped channels from the
    main LR mix.

If you just want simple one fader control of a group of channels yet still be able to
    adjust channel by channel levels within that group a DCA would be the best way to go.

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

The trick I had when a fader came to a stop was to select all the faders in a group and turn everything down while raising the master.
    The handling was quick and easy.
    I hope to make my explanation understood.
    I use DCAs to make a virtual patch and control the drums for example with a single fader

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.