PAFL output to any mix bus

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions PAFL output to any mix bus

This topic contains 24 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

If QU has this (and a ton of different pre/post PAFL pick off points), then I absolutely think SQ will get this.

Why it wasn’t implemented to begin with is beyond me.

Profile photo of milduramark
    milduramark
    Participant

+1 this is a must

Profile photo of HD Live Guy
    HD Live Guy
    Participant

I tried to use the SQ5 as a compact monitor desk last weekend with 7 G3 stereo IEMs, 2 wedges, and 2 side fills. I had to route my cue IEMs through the headphone port, which was noisy and unusable. C’mon A&H. This is supposed to be a pseudo-pro desk. Let’s get some PAFL routing to the balanced outs.

Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Paul Harrison
    Paul Harrison
    Participant

I am a +1 for doing some improvement in PAFL/monitoring.

In the A&H grand overview of the console there is an entire section talking about how this is the perfect board for doing your IEMs and how you never need to gamble with the house monitor console again. But using an SQ board for a monitor console will not even be a viable option until the PAFL bus can be routed to an output other than phones jack AND put monitor/cue level control to a fader not the phones knob.

This is the biggest problem keeping me from wanting to switch over to a couple of full FOH/monitor SQ setups.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

+1000000

It is IMPOSSIBLE to mix monitors properly without a functioning cue wedge (a headphone jack is NOT acceptable).

There MUST be a ‘Cue to Master Fader’ mode as well.

This is advertised as “the ultimate IEM mixer” yet your monitor engineer can’t even cue a mix over his belt pack currently…

Profile photo of mhagen94
    mhagen94
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

This is now possible in firmware v1.3
    Haven’t tried it, but you can see it in the patch screen.

Profile photo of Franck
    Franck
    Participant

With version 1.3, how to adjust the sound level of the PAFL circuit on the physical monitor output ?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I also did not find a solution for the PAFL output. But you can use the Listen bus together with the listen bus mode of the Main fader. On the listen bus you hear the same as on the PAFL but its level can be controlled.
    I would love to have dedicated faders for PAFL and listen bus which are assignable to fader layers as well as on soft rotaries.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.