PAFL on surface and mixrack

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting PAFL on surface and mixrack

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I’m not sure if that is a bug or it’s ment to be like that- if I have one PAFL bus defined, I can listen to that on surface and mixrack by pressing button on surface or in MixPad app. Now, I’d like to have one PAFL un the mixrack and second on the surface, so ai change number of PAFL to 2. Now, if I press PAFL on the surface the signal is sent to HP out both on surface and a mixrack. However, if I enable PAFL from the MixPad, no audio is passed neither from mixrack nor surface. I was hoping mixrack always uses PAFL-1 and surface the one, that is specified in preferences. Correct me if I’m wrong.

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you are wrong, you have to define wich PAFL does what,
    but Headphone Outs are always PAFL 1

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

So there is a place where I can define individual PAFL for mixrack and different one for surface?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

ok… I was wrong as well…

Reference Guide on Page 72

PAFL Number – Set the PAFL bus that the Surface will use for the monitoring system. This affects the function of the PAFL keys, Listen key, and audio to the Surface headphones.

 The MixRack headphones output is fixed to PAFL bus 1.
     The RTA function is fixed to PAFL bus 1
     Wedge and IEM strips are fixed to PAFL bus 1
     Delay, PFL Trim and Ext Input to PAFL Source are available for PAFL busses 1 and 2 only.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, I found out, also I can select PAFL number in Mixpad app setup tab. However, only PAFL-1 for mixrack and PAFL-2 for surface works, not vice versa.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.