PAFL on laptop/tablet

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions PAFL on laptop/tablet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrew Andrew 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Using Director software on a Windows laptop and tablet I have been unable to listen to PAFL through the headphone output. Should this be possible? I assume so from reading the firmware reference which says a second engineer can use PAFL when mixing monitors on a laptop.

I have tried using the same PAFL bus as the surface, and also assigning a second PAFL bus to the laptop, but still cannot hear anything.

Profile photo of Scott A&H
    Scott A&H
    Participant

Director is Control and Editing Software, it never see’s the actual audio. Any PAFL you assign will show up on the surface Headphone out. The monitor engineer uses the PAFL output on the Mixrack.

Scott A&H
    Participant

Director can be assigned its own PAFL Buss and A PAFL Buss can also be assigned to a Mixrack XLR Output Socket.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

The monitor engineer uses the PAFL output on the Mixrack.

Thanks, Scott. How do you assign a PAFL bus to the PAFL output on the Mixrack? I can’t find an option anywhere. The PAFL outputs on the Surface and Mixrack always have the same output for me.

This option of directing Director’s PAFL output to the Mixrack PAFL socket was also mentioned in the webinar this morning.

Scott A&H
    Participant

First select how many PAFL Buss you need in MIXRACK CONFIG – Mixrack headphone is always 1 – In SURFACE / AUDIO / PAFL you tell the Desk or Director what number PAFL Buss it is – Then go to I/O page and select OUTPUTS, on the left select PAFL tab and you will see all your PAFL Busses – simply assign to the desired output socket.

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

With Audinate’s newer Via software you can route audio off a Dante network to a laptops headphone jack. This is assuming you have a Dante network. Latency should be reasonable.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Thanks very much, Scott, that’s working now. The key thing I didn’t think of is that the MixRack headphone socket is always PAFL bus 1, whereas the Surface socket follows whichever PAFL bus the Surface is assigned – sounds obvious now, and I’ve just spotted it in the Firmware Reference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.