PAFL and Talkback on a Surfaceless/Wings setup

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions PAFL and Talkback on a Surfaceless/Wings setup

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mikki
    Mikki
    Participant

So I’ve got touring setup with a CDM32 and a Waves3 card running from a MacBook and iPad. I’ve got the Waves3 and network port on CDM32 linked and from the Waves3 is running my CAT-cable to the MacBook in FOH.

I’m happy with the setup but I’m thinking of solutions/workarounds that will give me a PAFL and Talkback at FOH. Any good ideas?

I haven’t got any wireless IEM’s running, otherwise that could maybe give me a PAFL and don’t want to rely on a cheap (and still relatively expensive) wireless mic for Talkback.

The only 2 solutions I can think of is either incorporating a DigiGrid M in my Waves network, but it’s just so pricey for I want to use it for. Or running a second CAT that splits out into analogue lines. But I’m not sure that’s a solid solution when I don’t know all the venues that I’m visiting.

What are you guys doing? Any inputs?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I don’t know about any Waves breakout boxes other than the mentioned Waves DigiGrid.
    I wanted more variety so went the Dante route for my setup, but I don’t need Waves plugins. Don’t know if that’s the case with you…

Profile photo of Mikki
    Mikki
    Participant

I’m not relying on Waves (right now at least) – primarily using it for multi tracking until I maybe/maybe not expand with some more Waves stuff.

Are you Surfaceless as well?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Yes, surfaceless with Dante, 2 x IP8 and a touchscreen.

Profile photo of Mikki
    Mikki
    Participant

Nice. Do you run PAFL and talkback or do you just live without?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I use a Dante headphone amp for pfl and 2 channel Dante input box for talkback and measurement mic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.