Pad & Phantom linked on Stereo Channels

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Pad & Phantom linked on Stereo Channels

Tagged: , , , , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

It would be really lovely if the PAD and 48V was linked on stereo channels instead of only effecting the left channel.

Right now, one has to undo a stereo input, add the “right side” channel to the surface and make changes to the pad or phantom power. Then you have to reassign them as a stereo pair. And whilst this is happening you can’t do anything else with the console. 999 out of 1000 times I’m applying a pad or 48v equally to both sides of a stereo channel. It would be really convenient for this to be the default and to use ganging for the 1 out of 1000 times that it’s not desired.

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles
    Participant

For stereo channels, it’s a bit clunky but I can go to the IO input page, click on the physical output (not the crosspoint but the block at the top) and adjust the gain, +48, & pad.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Eh? I just tried turning on the pad on a stereo channel and it changed it on both sides. I’m not going to turn 48V off right now because I’m in the middle of a show, but I’m pretty sure it’s linked as well.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

@andy are you talking about stereo channels (configured in MixRack setup), or channels being ganged? Using the term “stereo channel” implies the first, although I think you are talking about ganged channels?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.