Over 500 error recording with sq drive and pny elite ssd

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Over 500 error recording with sq drive and pny elite ssd

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of azizi azizi 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

Several attempts to do a 16 Ch multitrack recording and after checking on sq drive it shows well over 500 error and has glitches during play back

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

It seems the SQ has problems with USB3 drives. Why that is when USB3 was already the standard when the SQ came out is the question to ask.

Profile photo of Lauren
    Lauren
    Participant

I have the same issue just doing a stereo recording.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

The error counter on SQ-Drive counts the number of times the audio stream has an issue, so this is not to do with the SQ itself, but with how the drive is coping with the audio stream.

Do you know the read and write speed of your drive? As SQ-Drive requires a speed of at least 40 MB/s to cope with 16 channels of 96kHz 24bit audio.

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of churchingnv
    churchingnv
    Participant

Alex, is there a list anywhere of compatible drives? I see one for the QU but cannot locate one for SQ. My dealer told me the drive he supplied is to spec, but we are still having this issue.

Profile photo of azizi
    azizi
    Participant

having the audio gap recording on the stereo recording. how do i overcome this. never had this problem on QU32 before.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.