Output socket polarity

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Output socket polarity

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Fabrizio Roncato Fabrizio Roncato 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I can’t find a way to invert the polarity on an output socket with SQ. On dLive if you touch one of the socket numbers across the top of the I/O patch screen, it pulls up an info window that allows you to invert the polarity of that socket. The only thing that I can find is the ext-in polarity, but this only effects an external in.

Does anyone know if it is possible to invert the polarity of an output socket with SQ? I can’t find it in the reference guide (v1.3) so I’m guessing not.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Yes you can reverse the polarity but not from the IO page. Instead you find the polarity switch under the processing for the mix/aux/matrix connected to the output. Search for the mix that connects to that output and that’s where it will be.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @summitcn,

There is currently no way of switching output polarity on the SQ, though it is on the feature request list for consideration.

@djswell – as Scott says above, the polarity on the Mix Ext In preamp processing page is for the Mix Ext In preamp (which is why it is with the preamp settings), it does not affect output.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Oops. Sorry, I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying this Keith!

Profile photo of lsf_tech
    lsf_tech
    Participant

@keithjah Has this been implemented yet? I have an sq7, matrix out to videoland, but there is a polarity issue on the output path. I need to flip it at the board out. I see the matrix has a trim/polarity. Flipping that doesn’t seem to effect the local output to video though.

Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

If you need this in a hurry, the easiest and quickest way to accomplish what you want would seem to be either an inline Switchcraft or similar XLR phase reversal adapter, or you could resolder one end of an XLR patch cable and make it yourself. Or am I not understanding the problem?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I see the matrix has a trim/polarity.

this is for the matrix external in, not for the output

Profile photo of lsf_tech
    lsf_tech
    Participant

or you could resolder one end of an XLR patch cable and make it yourself.

Thanks for the idea, I’ll give that a try.

Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

Hi. Were you able to try this? Any luck? You might also consider making a couple of cables or barrel connectors with the ground pin lifted (unwired). Another handy thing for your toolkit is the Switchcraft IL-19; it’s a cure-all for lots of problems.

Profile photo of Fabrizio Roncato
    Fabrizio Roncato
    Participant

Absolutely +1

Today we’ve had a bad surprise, we needed to invert the polarity of a delay PA that have had inverted Polarity between the main PA, unfortunately the Matrix Polarity button doesn’t do anything at all 😭

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.