Output port Level

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Output port Level

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Is there a way to adjust the output level independently of each output port on the DM? I installed an S7000/DM64 and the client wants to use the same matrix to feed two different outputs (one for a streaming feed, one for their distributed audio) but the levels need to be about 10db different. I have looked around in the software and haven’t found anything but I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something before I tell them they need to run them off of independent matrices.

Thanks,
    Jon

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

You cannot control the output level per socket I’m afraid. I’d suggest using two matrix outputs, or check if the equipment on the other side has an input trim / gain.

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Nicola,
    Thank you for responding. We have split those out into separate feeds but they have noticed another issue. We have found that the outputs on the DM64 are almost 10dB lower than the console it replaced (M7CL). We are having to drive the dLive to +10-18 on the meters to get similar levels across the entire system. I know there isn’t a per-port control, but is there a global output level control anywhere that I may have missed that would raise the overall console output level?

Both consoles list a nominal output level of +4 dBu when the meters read 0, and the output ports on the M7 were set at 0, so the two consoles should have similar outputs. I just wanted to make sure before I re-structured the gain throughout the system that I hadn’t missed something.

Thanks,
    Jon

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Just a question- you know the M7 meters are dBfs? So 0 dB on that scale is like +18dBu.

ddff

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

The meters read in dBfs, with a max output of +24 dBu. The nominal level on the M7 meters is right around -18 dbfs, which should track pretty close to 0 on the meters of the dLive, correct? The client wasn’t driving the M7 to clip, they were running it around the green-yellow shift on the meters, which leaves plenty of headroom to keep away from 0dbfs.

Thank you for pointing that out though, it might be the difference between “nominal” levels for both consoles. I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something on the console before restructuring the gain of the entire system.

Jon

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Right, I just caught a line into your previous post “M7 were set to 0”. If you refer to 0dBu (-18dBfs), then this should not be the problem.

ddff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.