Output channel from DAW to mix output

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Output channel from DAW to mix output

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zfigz zfigz 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

I’m trying to route audio from my daw (single channel) to a mix output. Do I have to give up an input on the QuPac to achieve this?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

ok, so if i’m trying to route a channel from my daw to the QuPac, I set the channel within my daw to the mix output # i want outputted on the QuPac (let’s say output 1). do i then go into setup>i/o patch>usb audio and choose a number to be mix1? or do I choose a free input that I’ll route to mix output 1 via routing settings?

sorry, really struggling to make this happen.

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

btw, i also have an AR84 in case that might help my situation.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

You need to realize that input and output is configured from the mixer view. 😉
    So, if you want to output something to the mixer, its a mixer channel that will receive audio from the DAW. Consequently this is configured on the INPUT routing page. On the Qu you can not freely assign USB streams to input channels, you also have a 1:1 relationship. So if you want to return audio from DAW to, for example, channel 15&16, then this has to be configured on DAW first (select Qu usb channels 15&16 as your DAW output). Then go to USB Input Routing (either in setup or from any channel) and switch those channels to USB instead of local. Ensure that the global usb source selection in the same dialog is set to USB-B not QuDrive.

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

ah, i was thinking i could directly route daw audio to an output…then i had a head scratching moment before i realized i was using an aggregate device (outputs were pushed down a few channels).

for a moment, i was thinking i would have to give up recording a channel to output audio from my daw, but just changed a free input to usb b as opposed to local. then routed the audio to mix 1 (or you can just hit the mix view to change mix routings).

thanks for the helps Andreas and [XAP]Bob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.