Outboard insert LR not possible v1.4?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Outboard insert LR not possible v1.4?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David J. David J. 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

Hi, I need to insert main LR a external graphic eq in the surface sockets like I did in first GLD firmware versions, and now with v1.4 I can’t do it. When I try to assign inputs and output sockets, for example:
    Send/Output Sockets/ 21 & 22
    Return/Input Sockets/41 & 42

When I press Apply, the Sockets changes automatically to dSNAKES 1&2 In and Out, and the I/O screen channels change from Main Ins1 to Unasigned.

Mix editor works with this error too. dSNAKE Exp out shows at 8 channels! and 16 IN! I can’t understand. I’m desperate.

Please, help, it’s urgent. Band engineer wants it! Thanks

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Don’t hold your breath on that one. I doubt most anyone can tell the difference anymore in DSP processed GEQ and a hardware box. If he is that picky, patch through it before it hits the crossover, amps whatever. Who says it has to be on an insert?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you confirm your firmware version? The Insert screen display bug was fixed in firmware V1.41.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

Hi Nicola! thanks, was this, I didn’t know that this bug and new 1.41 version.

I take the opportunity to say that when insert outboard in a channel or LR, have a little noise, like a pink noise, even when connecting directly out to in shockets by XLR, without outboard, make it noise. Can compare on/off buttom insert. Maybe due to the preamps?

GCumbee, I’m agree, but many engineers prefers work with by external graphic or comes with some compressors to insert. I use a digital snake, then, I do not want to carry 2 xlr cables to the stage!

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.