Out to telephone and/or FaceTime or Skype

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Out to telephone and/or FaceTime or Skype

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

Hi all,
    Anyone have any experience or suggestions for best way getting an audio line out to an iPhone (for a cell call) and or out to a computer or phone for audio to Skype or FaceTime, and even internet broadcast.

Suggestions for cables and path would be great.

Can I even just send just the LR channels out via USB to an iPad for broadcast?

Any experience or advice for this would be appreciated

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

The Apple Lighning > USB camera lead (+ a regular USB type B) should work – you can get stereo or even multiple tracks to/from a QU iPhone or iPad with it.

I’ve not actually tried it with Skype etc, but I’d be surprised if it didn’t work, as it’s worked with everything I have tried so far.

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

Thanks Mark. We’ll give it a try.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Provided that your iPhone has a headphone jack you can use that to send analog audio into the phone. The headphone jack is a TRRS / tip ring ring sleeve. The tip and the ring closest to the tip are headphone outs the ring next to the sleeve is the mic input. It is a mic level input so you will need to pad the input. I made up a cable so the client at an event I do a couple times a year could stream it on Facebook live with a direct audio feed. You can find the headphone jack pin outs on line. The same pin outs also work on most Android devices.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’ve done Skype off mixers using a PC before – no issues with a line in.
    Using a phone should be very similar, just watch your levels.

You can buy 3.5mm TRRS -> dual 3.5mm TRS cables which may make life easier.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.