Other desks with 2 cue busses?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Other desks with 2 cue busses?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gil Gil 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Hi.

I’ll be touring with a bigger act next summer, and I’m looking at different solutions for the monitor desk… Can you name any other desks that has the ability to configure 2 separate cue busses? One for IEM and one for wedges? The digico range has this, but they sound terrible.

Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

We need more information I think. This is a pretty broad question. There are a lot of consoles in fact most that will do what you are asking if I think I know what you want. Can you be more specific or am I just not understanding your request?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Are you meaning CUE busses that will do PFL or PAFL? The GLD will do that. It has an IEM and Wedge buss as part of its monitor section…

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

On the digico you can set up 2 different cue busses, and assign pafl to each one, depending on what type of bus you are cueing (PAFL). Same thing with the iLive’s IEM and Wedge cue busses. This must possible on other desks, just can’t find any! The GLD s too small for this act unfortunately.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

48 inputs are not enough? 44 mics…

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Yes, not enough. 36 band inputs, 4 ambience, various communication, radios etc. 44 is quickly gone.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Are you looking for two independent cue busses or just the ability to route the IEM mix cues to a different output?

Indepndent cue busses are realized in the Midas XL-8, Midas Pro Series, some Lawo some Stagetec, Studer Vista
    as far as I remember

Profile photo of Gil
    Gil
    Participant

Hi Tor,

I have to be honest and say that your statement about Digico consoles scares me quite a bit. Having mixed on just about all consoles in the market, I find hard to believe that any of today’s consoles sound “terrible”, even Yamahas, :-).

But to answer your question, Midas Pro2 series also offers 2 solo busses.

take care
    Gil

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.