OSC Commands & QLab

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions OSC Commands & QLab

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

Graduating from the Behringer X32 to a new Allen & Heath Avantis this Summer.

I have volunteers on my church production team and therefore need to take away guesswork on some settings. Using the X32, there was a whole slew of support for OSC Commands into the device. Therefore, sending commands to mute faders, and do slow crossfades through QLab software was never a problem.

How can I send automation commands to an Avantis using QLab software?

Thanks for your support!

Steve

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,
    Check out our DAW Control driver: https://www.allen-heath.com/daw-control/
    Not yet tested and supported on Avantis, but it will be soon.
    DAW Control will create virtual MIDI ports on your computer and provides several maps for different applications, including a ‘CC Translator’ map that can be used to automate Input or Mix channels from QLab with individual crossfades, mutes etc.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Thanks Nicola,

I appreciate and understand the MIDI protocol for DAW Control.

What I am looking to do is send OSC Commands so that I can declare things like, “Unmute Channel 16 Fader” as one type of OSC Command but also send commands like this “Start from 0 and raise the fader to -10dB over 5 sec” This is possible to send with QLab over OSC Commands. I just need to know where I can get the list of OSC Commands like I used with Behringer products.

Thanks again!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

We don’t support OSC. However the functions you are describing can both be achieved with the DAW Control driver.
    The fader automation can be set in QLab either by using the MIDI Thru map and the NRPN fader level messages (as described in the MIDI protocol for dLive and soon to be published for Avantis), or by using the CC Translator map which should make mapping easier and multiple channel fades possible at the same time.

If you need help programming QLab, open a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and our Support team will be happy to assist.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I can’t find the Avantis MIDI/TCP protocol information, like the ones available for the iLive/dLive/SQ, etc. Where would I find that document?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I believe the software is the same for all devices (although the commands are different between some devices).

Main page is here and includes a link to the help documentation. https://www.allen-heath.com/midi-control/

Profile photo of Kevg
    Kevg
    Participant

Got to say it is a shame that OSC isn’t supported. Such a useful protocol and plenty of 3rd party apps out there to do cleaver things.

Every lighting console has jumped onto it, strange the audio market is slow on the uptake

Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

You could use Mixing Station as a translator. It supports OSC and REST API for nearly all channel parameters.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.