Opto ratio changes itself?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Opto ratio changes itself?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Soundave Soundave 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

A lot of the time when using the opto compressor it will change the comp ratio I select when I go to another channel and come back. It will stay on the one IT picks, only changing the ones I select. This has happened over all updates including the current one. Does anyone experience this event?

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

My SQ5 Opto ratio can only be controlled with the I-Pad: the desk encoder does not move the ratio at all. This is the only failure I have discovered in my SQ software.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Both!

This isn’t something I’ve seen or had reported before.

Please go to support.allen-heath.com to submit a request and we can look into this with you.

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

@Hugh: I noticed I have to turn the touch screen encoder quite a bit, before it changes the ratio values. But it does change it. Can you try to give the encoder a full turn and see if it changes the ratio?

Cheers, André

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

@Hugh:
    There is / was a failure of the encoders of the SQ. You can spot it very good by adjusting the EQ:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2py0_0BBbo&t=11s
    https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/eq-jitter

And because of the “very long way” the encoder must be turned, to adjust the ratio (don’t know why A&H impementet this so BAD!) you can not change the ratio.

So in short: i think there’s a hardware problem with your encoder. give it a try with the EQ you’ll find it out very fast!

greetings,
    dd

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

This happens on ours as well. I’ve found if I go to a value higher than what I want then adjust DOWN to my desired value (stopping exactly as soon as my desired value is reached) it stays put. It’s the only way I can use the opto. Very disapointing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.