Optionally Automatically Update Channel Names from Associated RF Devices

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Optionally Automatically Update Channel Names from Associated RF Devices

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JFug JFug 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

It’d be great if I could rename a wireless mic at its receiver and have the associated channel automatically pull the new name. The mic’s name is displayed in the RF section of the channel’s preamp tab, so the MixRack already has the information… it’s just a matter of adding a checkbox to that RF section to keep that channel’s name synced. I’d prefer that the option automatically keep the names in sync (ideally it’d be bidirectional, too, so that the wireless mics could be renamed from the surfaces), but even a “copy name from associated RF device” button to manually pull the new name would be nice.

For us, where we all know everyone on stage by name, it’s often (but not always) more useful for us to name channels “Rachael”, “Dan”, or “Adam” vs “Lead Vox”, “BGV 1”, or “Announce”, and this would remove a step in the process (especially since I like to rename the mics anyway).

Profile photo of JFug
    JFug
    Participant

+1 from me! That would be a cool feature if it’s doable!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.