Option to set Talkback Mic always ON

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Option to set Talkback Mic always ON

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I use to work with a talkback mic with an on/off switch at the mic. So it would be really worth if i could set the Talkback on the Qu to always ON! So i don’t have to press the “TALK” Button all the times!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Just my observance here…
    the most common use of a talkback is with a momentary switch. Manufacturers like Allen & Heath, Soundcraft, Yamaha, Midas etc. design the talkback mic so that it CAN NOT be left on accidentally. This design is probably most preferred, but of course there are some that would like to just leave it on and use a handheld mic with a switch.

The easiest solution for your request is to use a microphone with a switch, then connect it to an input channel and route it to any output/s you wish. The only drawback compared to using the dedicated talkback input is wasting a valuable input channel. There may be other drawbacks, but I can’t think of any.

I think you should post a request for this feature in the “Qu feature suggestions” on this forum. It’s a valuable and very sensible feature that should be easy to implement in a future firmware update.

The suggestion would be to have another option in the talkback section of the “setup” screen. The box would have a “ENABLED” button that is labeled “double tap lock” If this feature is enabled, a quick double tap of the “talk” button would lock it on, another double tap would turn it off. Additionally, a typical “push to talk” would still activate the mic even with the “double tap lock” feature enabled.

Dan

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hey dpdan… this post is already in the Qu-feature suggestions ;D
    But i like your details provided! Actually i waste an input to achieve what i want.. but as you know.. if you have 16Mono Input channel you may use all of it for mixing bands live… so the additional Talkback Input is worth at all ;D

cheers eotsskleet

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I noticed that last night after I re-read my post and found where it was 🙂

Dan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.