opinions on qu-pac non shockmount case?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions opinions on qu-pac non shockmount case?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Don Giuseppe
    Don Giuseppe
    Participant

Im looking for a flight case for a qu-pac console and would like it to make my life as easy as possible while moving around. In other words, wheels and safety. Ideally I would like to get a shockmount rack with a built in handle and 2 wheels (like a suitcase) but all the ones i have found are WAY too expensive. About 600-700 euros.

Would rolling around the qu-pac in a regular non shockmount case be a mistake ill regret?

If anyone has a case to recommend that I can find in Europe, please do so.

Thanks

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s basically solid state – assuming you don’t abuse it it should be OK.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

It’s so small and light, do you really need it on wheels?
    Mine is in an SKB shallow rack and it’s very manageable….:)

Profile photo of Don Giuseppe
    Don Giuseppe
    Participant

Well yeah you’re right, except that I also plan on having an ar0804 stage box, and a headphone amp unit. Sorry, should have mentioned that. Either way, even with these two extra units it’s still not heavy compared to the gear I’m use to moving around. But still, wouldn’t hurt to have it on wheels. I know I’ll appreciate it one day in the coming years 🙂

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Personally I’d use a sack trolley – relatively big pneumatic tyres make a huge difference to how smooth the ride is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.