Oops button

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Oops button

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JeroenAudio JeroenAudio 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of boota
    boota
    Participant

so, due to my personal incompetence i accidentally put my ipad on the surface yesterday and it loaded a new scene for me. obviously everything went quiet and all monitor send levels were thrown out the window.
    a friend of mine remembered a lighting console that had an “oops” button, (basically an “undo”, or “ctrl-Z” function that steps back the console to its previous state) It would be nice to have that sort of thing since I’m a lazy retard who can’t be bothered to save my setup pre-show after all settings have been made.

Profile photo of JohnOC
    JohnOC
    Participant

+1 – something very similar happened to me yesterday morning.

Was able to recover using our eponymous “Sunday” button – but things went quiet in the service for a moment.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Thing is – where is it going to go back to? If my mistake is that I’ve altered, say, the PEQ on the wrong channel (probably a common mistake), shifting the gain, frequency and q of the LM perhaps, that’s 100s of little changes as far as he desk’s concerned. How does the desk know which one I want to go back to?

Without an “Apply” button, I can’t see how any undo function could be made to be sensible.

Profile photo of boota
    boota
    Participant

Oh I understand that it’s not just a code five-line code addition. It’s a feature I’d like to see though.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Right before the recall, you ‘save’ the current state into the undo memory slot.

When hitting “undo” the console recalls the previous state.

It’s not that much code.

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

If anything, they could set it up to have “temporary scene”, then you could load scenes and assign a soft key to save to the temporary scene, so you can save and recall(undo) without changing your stored scenes. @markpaman is right.

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

I think it is more complex than one could think. As Mark already said: where is it going back to? Even the slightest move of a single fader is already a new state. But not necessarily a relevant one. So the first step should be to decide which change is relevant and which one isn’t. Is a new fader position relevant? It can be in the case of feedback, but this is not always the case. A changed EQ setting perhaps? And how significant should this adjustment be to define it as a new state?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.