Only ONE screw on each XLR Socket … Any wear&Tear / Future problems???

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Only ONE screw on each XLR Socket … Any wear&Tear / Future problems???

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I just bought my QU-PAC and am a little worried that there might be some wear/tear on the back XLR sockets… some of my plugs have quite a firm fit . There is only one screw to each XLR socket (Qu-Pac / Qu16/24/32) that keeps it to the metal case and over time, could there be a possible problem from constant plugging/unplugging cables maybe creating a loose solder connection if the XLR SOCKETS are soldered to the circuit board ?

The AR2412 / AR84 / AB168 have TWO screws to each XLR connection.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

On my Gl2400’s and an older GL2200 the inputs all have just one screw and I have never had a problem with them.
    As for your tight fitting XLR’s, are they a good quality connector like a Neutrik or Switchcraft? I have seen many times where lets just say with “lesser quality” connectors not fitting, not locking and or getting stuck in a mating XLR connector that is of good quality. The Qu’s all have real Neutrik connectors.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.