OneMix user able to log onto GLD Remote

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions OneMix user able to log onto GLD Remote

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GLDAlistair GLDAlistair 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fx@spefc
    fx@spefc
    Participant

Hi. I just received my new GLD 80 and was playing around with the iPad apps and noticed something. I created a user called “onemix” and restricted access to most all user functions on the board. I setup the iPad with OneMix and logged into it as the user. All was great. Then I started to use the Remote app and saw the onemix user and thought why not try to log in as them. Not only could I log in but I had full control of the board!

I have seen in other posts here that the user permissions set on the board do not apply to the Remote app (which is really a sad state of affairs and really needs to be addressed soon, imho). Since it is a free app, any of my Onemix users could download it and use it to control the board. Is there some way to block this that I am missing? Something network related? The board has it’s own wireless network and it is secured. But the onemix users will already have access to the network and are using there own iPads. Can something be done at the network port level?

I am real hesitant to start using onemix if I feel I can’t control access to the console.

Thanks for listening and for having such a great place to get answers for us newbies!

Profile photo of GLDAlistair
    GLDAlistair
    Participant

I’ve set ours up so that the OneMix user has almost no rights. They don’t need them because they are just adjusting their own levels. They could log on to the GLD-80 but wouldn’t get far. Far enough to make some surprising stuff happen, though, I guess.

I do think its odd that you have to pay for an ap that does less than the free one and wonder how long it will be before my OneMix users spot that. Don’t think they read this forum 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.