OneMix timeout when running in background

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting OneMix timeout when running in background

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Darryl Darryl 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darryl
    Darryl
    Participant

When OneMix is running in the foreground it keeps a solid connection to the MixRack.
    When OneMix is running in the background while the musician uses another app (like Music Stand), OneMix disconnects from the MixRack after 3 minutes (consistently).
    Is this expected behaviour, and are there any configuration settings to extend the timeout to allow the musician to return to OneMix without having to connect and log in again?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of D3F
    D3F
    Participant

Ipad kills app in background for the battery power saving.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’m not sure about how Apple handles it, but I’d hope you can customize the “battery optimization” settings on a per app basis. I know this is the case with Android and it allows you to set the device NOT to terminate the MixRack app even if it is running “in the background”. Of course this will reduce your battery performance and so the system generally defaults to “closing” out those background apps/services. Hopefully it is something that you can change.

Profile photo of Darryl
    Darryl
    Participant

Thanks Brian and D3F.
    It seems that iOS is quite strict with background apps – more so than Android.
    There are various developer forum posts regarding similar issues with iOS background/suspend, but alas it seems nothing that an end-user can do about it.
    The band members are now talking about needing two iPads – one dedicated to OneMix so that it doesn’t disconnect! 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.