OneMix crashes after returning from background

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting OneMix crashes after returning from background

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pngaudioguy pngaudioguy 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Derek Hope
    Derek Hope
    Participant

Hi!
    We’re happily using the iDR-16 in our band for a while now.
    The only problem that is bugging us frequently:
    The OneMix app crashes regularly after running in background for a while. We’re using the app “For Score” for displaying sheet music parallel to OneMix and normally it’s no problem to switch between the two apps. BUT: only if OneMix stays in the background for maybe 10 or 15 minutes (no exact meassure) it always crashes when bringing it to the front: we see the app for about 1/2 sec. and then it’s gone. We have to start the app, log in, change to monitor etc…. pretty annoying in the middle of the gig.

Anyone here encountering the same problem?

We’re running iOS 6.1.3 and the latest Version of OneMix (1.92, although app store says it’s 1.93, the app help page says 1.92..!?!). Automatic lock / power save is of course swiched off
    IDR-16 also latest firmware.

Best!
    Derek.

Profile photo of pngaudioguy
    pngaudioguy
    Participant

The full mix app does this as well. The only solution I’ve found is to bring the mix app on screen every few minutes. Also annoying, but takes much less time than reloading and re-syncing the app! I’m guessing this has to do with the way iOS handles backgrounded apps. I don’t know if there is anything they can program into MixPad/OneMix to let Apple keep their network connection open, etc, even in backgrounded state. This seems to be a “feature” of the way iOS handles multiple programs running simultaneously. BTW, I believe after 10 minutes backgrounded apps are given even further restrictions by iOS, which may be causing the problem.

I know this doesn’t help you out, but is confirmation that the problem exists. I too would love a solution so we can leave it backgrounded as long as we like, then switch to make an adjustment and go back to whatever the primary task was.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.