One-Mix Crashes in Newer iOs

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting One-Mix Crashes in Newer iOs

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Oakley Mark Oakley 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I had a gig yesterday with one of the bands I regularly work with; a “Live” internet streaming show. The band was all on In-Ears and several members have I-Pads with iLive One-Mix installed. They could get as far as the Log-On page, but after choosing a user name the app would crash. Their operating system is iOs 14.4.

I use an old I-Pad 1 with iOs 5.1.1 and mine works fine. Is there any chance of A&H updating iLive One-Mix for compatibility with newer iOs versions? I don’t want to loose the ability of musicians to control their own ear mixes.

-Mark

Mark Oakley
    Participant

So I heard back from A&H tech support (U.K.). They are aware of the problem, but are not sure if they can commit the resources to updating this “very old discontinued product”. A bit disappointing; I have about $35,000.00 invested in the iLive line (not including cases) and as much as I’d love to run out and buy a pair of dLives, it ain’t happening any time soon.

My solution is this: Apple I-Pad 1’s are available on ebay for $15-20.00 each, and won’t update the OS past iOS 5 or so. The cheapest option is to buy 4-5 pads for $100.00, load them up with One-Mix, and hand them out on gigs. This way I’ll know that they’re configured properly and hassle free.

I’m also wondering why A&H is still charging for One-Mix if it won’t work with current iOS’s?

-Mark

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Forgetting heritage is something they do quick.

Products are great till end of sale.

Richard

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I’m also wondering why A&H is still charging for One-Mix if it won’t work with current iOS’s?

they don’t charge on it since 5 or 6 years already

Mark Oakley
    Participant

I think you’re referring to iLive “Mixpad” for the FOH mixer. Formerly $100.00, it has been free for the past 5-6 years. I’m referring to iLive “Onemix” for musicians to control their own In-ears. It’s still listed in the App store for 7.99 British pounds.

-Mark

Profile photo of narlisonlira
    narlisonlira
    Participant

true friend, I have the same problem. we made this high investment in the iLive t112. In the past, each one controlled their Assistant here through the Tweak Application, but Allen & Heath left something to be desired by not updating the applications.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Are you able to still download the iLive OneMix app from the App Store? I have it available on an iPad and want to put it on another but it says it’s not available in the App Store anymore. Happen to have the .ipa file that you can share?

Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Nick:

That’s bad news. What iOS version is on the I-Pad with One-Mix installed, and what iOS version is the I=Pad you are trying to put it on?

-Mark

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

They are both on iOS 9. One is an iPad 2 and the other is an iPad mini. Would love to put on some others but really just need it on this one additional iPad at the moment. iOS 8 was the last version that did app backups in iTunes so unfortunately I can’t just backup the app to my computer to install it on the other. If I could get the .ipa file though I could install using Apple Configurator.

Mark Oakley
    Participant

I was planning to buy an I-Pad 1 from ebay in the next few weeks to confirm that I can download and install One-Mix. If this is not possible then we need to lobby Allen & Heath to make this app available. It’s one thing to not update it for use with newer OS’s, but to remove it completely will be a problem for many user’s.
    -Mark

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Yeah, I reached out to them about getting the .ipa file but they said “I’m afraid that is not something we support. Sorry but the iLive peripherals and apps are completely discontinued.” It just seems odd that the OneMix app is not available but the MixPad and Tweak app appear to be.

If someone has the app loaded on a device using iOS 8 or earlier in theory they should be able to use iTunes 12 (I believe 12.6 or lower) to backup the app to their computer and will have the .ipa file. I don’t have a device with that iOS version to confirm but from what I have researched it should work.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

iLive OneMix is now back on the App Store with a fix for iOS14. We also made the decision to make the app free of charge.
    The new version requires iOS14+, but if you are running iOS13 or lower you will still be able to download the previous version of OneMix.

Mark Oakley
    Participant

That’s fantastic (and unlooked for) news Nicola! Thanks so much; this will make us iLive user’s lives much easier.

-Mark

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.