One channel not responding to fader

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting One channel not responding to fader

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Allright, so I experienced something really strange with my Qu-SB tonight: on one of my channels I could not control the volume with the fader. Channelgain worked as expected. The rest of the channels was fine. Logging out and back in again didn’t help. Even unassigning said channel from the mains didn’t do anything.
    Unassigned it from fx so it wouln’t bleed through via that.

I’m stumped… Anyone have ideas ?

Thanks !

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I assume you were trying to control the levels on the main output.

Could you control that channel’s mix outputs?
    Was it assigned to any groups?
    Local or stage box input?
    Did turning down all the mix levels on that channel change anything?
    Is it doing now it every time you power up mixer?
    What firmware version are you running?

Try recalling a different scene.
    Try a reset.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Funnily enough I had exactly the same issue at my last gig where I couldn’t control the output from the keyboard player. It was on 46v pp and di into my Qu Pac. Be interested to see what others think.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Mike C, didn’t think of checking if I accidentally assigned a mix to FOH. Good point, I’ll check that in an hour or so and let you know.

Thanks for now !

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Follow up: I checked the setting from yesterday somewhat more in depth and “problemchannel 5” definitely wasn’t connected to FOH other than via the normal fader.

Tonight I did another gig with the mixer. The first 1 to 2 hours it was fine (same as yesterday) but than the channelfader again lost it’s function. The only way I could influence FOH volume for that channel was to alter the gain.

Too coincidental it was the same channel don’t you think ?

Anyway, I checked how old the unit is and it’s 3 years minus 1 month so if all goes well Thomann warranty will have me covered (knick on wood)

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Ok, someone shoot me please….

It turns out there was in fx insert active on that 5th channel that I overlooked. GRRRRR

I build the scene I needed for fridaynight and last night from an existing one where that insert was in place and missed it….

My humble apologies 🙁

Giga

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.