"On" button in iPad app

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions "On" button in iPad app

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GR-PDX GR-PDX 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I notice a per-channel “On” button in the iPad app, but no apparent analog to it on the mixer itself. I’m confused: what is the effective difference between that and the mute button? If there really isn’t one, it seems like it is just an opportunity to inadvertently hit a control and wonder why you just lost sound on that channel. Mutes are bright red for a reason!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

The ON-Button is to assign a channel to a mix and it is useful especially for Line-Check including monitor-sound!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Okay, I think I get it. So “On” means it’s on for whatever mix is selected at the time (L/R, FX*, or Mix*). Mute is a global control across all mixes.

But where is the corresponding control for the board itself?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

On the board this is done by selecting a mix, then pressing the Assign-Key and keeping it pressed and selecting the ‘on’ channels of the mix with the Select keys.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Thanks, GuitarHero. I read that in the manual and somehow hadn’t mapped the “on” with the “assign.” Maybe if they’d abbreviated to the first three letters of “assign” on the iPad app. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.