oh well,,, no QU for me :(

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions oh well,,, no QU for me :(

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I really appreciate you guys not slamming me for my first post,
    it is completely unlike me to be negative and hide behind a computer screen like so many on the internet.

Anyway, I am going to get one and just accept the fact that the iPad App features are way behind the Mackie DL1608 but so so far ahead in other areas… where it really matters.

Thanks everyone!
    Dan

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I will say this, dpdan: as I mentioned, I bought based on reputation and sound quality, and I was not disappointed as regards the sound quality. Very nice preamps and processing. Very good sound in spite of being “only” 48kHz sampling. Less stiff sounding to my ears than the Yamaha 01V.

Hopefully with our encouragement and “votes” here in this forum, they will make steady improvements to the firmware.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

with our encouragement and “votes” here in this forum, they will make steady improvements to the firmware
    Yes, let’s hope so

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

I’ve had my qu16 4 months. In that time there have been 2 major firmware updates, improving the desk each time.

It’s a great desk, and lives up to AH’s reputation for a quality product with a great sound.

Be patient – I’m sure there’s more to come….

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Thanks Martin! 🙂

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

it’s kinda funny,, that little DL1608 has really spoiled me in many ways…
    but I am really excited about getting the Qu24, it’s ordered 🙂

Robbocurry, did you get yours ?

Thanks everyone!
    Dan

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

I’m sure you’ll be pleased with it

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Did my first gig with the qu24 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Been playing with the desk for a few days in the kitchen to familiarize myself with it and I easily got the hang of it. It sounded great (IMHO) and the fx are sweet. There’s lots more to learn of course so thank goodness for this forum and all the useful stuff I’ve picked up already. Constructive criticism, would be good if the iPad app and desk mimicked each other when selecting input channels.
    Just ordered an ar2412 to add to my debt & danger, I look forward to “one man” cable management!!!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

that is awesome!!!
    I have mine ordered too along with the AR2412.

Yes!

No more huge heavy snake, no more processing racks, no more case covers stacked under the table.
    one little ethernet cable.. speaking of which.. have you decided where you are going to buy your “road-worthy” Cat5e cable?

I am so glad to hear that you are loving it!

Dan

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

At the moment I’ll probably buy one from Thomann. I hate to go off brand but I was quoted £700 for an A&H snake:/
    Thomann have cables for a tenth of that price. Cat5 is a standard, if they’ve qualified for the standard, would/could they sound any different? Maybe not as durable as a £700 item perhaps? Online reviews of the cheaper snakes seem very good too – I don’t want to cripple two great pieces of equipment with something substandard either:/
    Back to the qu24 – it’s so damn compact, not much bigger than the Presonus 16.4.2 I used to have, not too heavy either!
    All good Dan, no regrets!!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Thanks,
    a few things that will make an off brand equally is good is the outside casing and the fact that it must be stranded wire not solid, also, the Allen & Heath cable is shielded. The shielding would not likely connect to any connection at either end but is probably still better for protection from a physical standpoint.

Can’t wait!

Dan

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.