Offline Editor?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 44 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of OrionX
    OrionX
    Participant

Will there be an offline editor (similar to dLive Director) for Avantis?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Yes, an offline editor is planned, but not for V1.0. Tentatively end of the year.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

And how about:

1. Avantis mix : for Ipad ?
    2. one mix : for Ipad / Iphone / Android ?
    3. Avantis Director : online / offline editor ?

I really get a lot of people asking to do their in-ear mix by smartphone, an app like Qu-You would already be ok.

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

Please don’t wait to long releasing the editor. Each soundman who’s pleased and comes to grips with the editor is a potential purchaser or supporter of the product.
    Don’t make the mistake you made two times before.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

I came here looking for the Off-Ed as well. I’m a little surprised there isn’t at least a beta release available for the same reasons as Guma. Familiarity with layout, workflows, capabilities and maybe a little preconfiguration work as well.

While we’re talking about Opportunities for improvement I would urge you to include support for Android as well as iOS for One Mix for sure as well as the offline editor.

Cheers,
    Larry

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@plevrier

1. Avantis mix : for Ipad ?
    Yes, a MixPad app will be available with V1.0.

2. one mix : for Ipad / Iphone / Android ?
    A OneMix iPad app for personal monitoring will be available with V1.0. No iPhone or Android version in the works, but we will review later. As much as we would like to offer a multi-platform phone app, it wasn’t feasible in terms of development resources and time to market. MixPad and OneMix are derived from the dLive code base and so it was the best option to guarantee apps availability at product shipment.

3. Avantis Director : online / offline editor ?
    As mentioned above, not in V1.0, but already in development and targeted for V1.1.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Thanks Nicola, Appreciate the info.

LB

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

It seems a bit silly not to have an app on a phone (whatever the OS). It instantly makes it less accessible for people and seeing as it is available on the SQ (the install we will have is an avantis as the main desk and a SQ as back up). I guess this suggests that the avantis is a dLive lite as opposed to a SQ pro.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

This is definitely a downstream impact of going so narrow on the OS support for one mix. I come from a mobile app development (Scrum Master / CSPO) background and this sort of thing clearly limits adoption.

For instance, guest musicians and their bands HAVE TO have an ipad or a Mac Book to control IEMs. Or the Church has to buy a boat load of iPads. At least that’s a cheaper solution than the ME-1s. But I digress.

For the new system we went with KLANG. It is comparable in terms of expense with the 8xME-1 monitoring solution we were looking at but it’s so much more flexible. The app runs on literally every mobile os but BlackBerry (Hey Waterloo!!) This means I can control my mix with $50 Kindle Fire, my phone, my Windows 10 laptop or a baby’s are holding an apple. You get my point.

Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

Any update on offline editor/director or iPad mix app?

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We’re expecting the MixPad and OneMix apps to be out within the next few days.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Great News Nicola,
    Thanks,
    Larry

Profile photo of markcemoore
    markcemoore
    Participant

Im more concerned with an offline editor avalibilty, not surprised about iOS apps, don’t need those for a pro level console. Last thing I want is a bunch of weekend warriors on stage trying to connect to the console with their phones…@Slammin put it perfectly, fits into Dlive range more than an SQ

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

The ios apps are used to control personal monitor mixes not the console. It’s either that or ME. We’re going with Klang…which is controlled from IOS, android or windows apps. Without an monitor mix engineer it’s the most practical way.

Profile photo of markcemoore
    markcemoore
    Participant

I’m aware that’s their purpose. Still causes to many issues. Again for that level of console I’d either have a single point of control on stage or go with an alternate monitoring method. I’m usually of the opinion that less is more when it comes to musician control. Especially in the church environment.

We will also be getting a klang system, with a single iPad for control on stage. I’m not saying there is never a need for phone control, some situations it works. I’ve seen lots of bands use that in a touring environment to save money and not have a monitor Eng, also have seen it cause many headaches for the FOH Eng running around trying to get everyone’s phone to connect.

If it works in your situation great, all the power to you however at this level of console, IOS control shouldn’t be the biggest concern for them on role out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.