Offline Editor

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Offline Editor

This topic contains 31 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of titoen
    titoen
    Participant

Keith,

So with the Windows offline editor. Does this mean we can connect now to the SQ through WiFi as an app? So we can have now an iPad and a laptop with the App at the same time?? Knowing the max of 2 connections of the SQ-Mixpad.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Is this windows 10 only?

Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant

It is announced to be on OS X soon. My only problem ist that some functions of the mixpad editor are still missing. I can’t find the library button or the new ganging function. I also did not find the soft rotary assignments.

Keith could you share some insights on this. Thx

Profile photo of hsk
    hsk
    Participant

+1 on finding the library button, re: @TonmeisterDaniel

Is this possible? Love to load up DEEP plugins like the compressors in offline and have ability to save/recall presets for EQ’s etc.

So, anyone able to find the library button or figure out how to work with DEEP processing offline?

Thanks for the awesome ability to edit offline A&H, I’m starting to use it immediately

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

MixPad for Windows offers the same functionality as MixPad for iOS or Android, with some exceptions with regards to file storage e.g. save to USB. MixPad V1.4 was never meant as a fully fledged editor, but we felt the addition of Offline mode would address the vast majority of requirements around show preparation and editing.
    We did add some other cool features in MixPad, including the ‘Follow Channel / Mix Select’, block patching in the I/O screen, PAFL control and channel routing. Looking forward, we plan to develop MixPad further in both Online and Offline mode, but we cannot commit to specific features at this stage.

Profile photo of OrionX
    OrionX
    Participant

@nicola – Is a dedicated offline editor still in the works, or is the development centered around the MixPad application only? (Or, can you not say – which I will understand of course)

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@OrionX – There is no plan for a separate application.

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant
    Profile photo of Superorko
    Superorko
    Participant

Is There any news about The offline editor? I have the feeling that, while A&H made a huge jump ahead in sound quality compared to their competition, theyare way behind on this end. The sq is becoming a great tool for the pros but i still see so many of them using an x32 just for the editor capabilities. I would love to see this done soon rather then later….

Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Dpnh & Superorko,

Can you explain what is missing from MixPad currently that would require a separate editor?

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of Doyle
    Doyle
    Participant

So I just downloaded the new mixpad 1.43 and while it has the offline editor I noticed that the “custom” layers is now gone while not connected to the mixer and the layers now match the board layers depending on which mixer you set it to. Sq 5-6-7 ..my question is .. when I’m connected will I have the “custom “ layers back so I can set up the workflow I prefer on the iPad custom layers which would be different than the layers on the mixer?????

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

@nzdave It works on Windows 7 here, so it’s not 10 only.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Doyle,

Once you go online in SQ MixPad you will indeed have custom layers available.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

If you mean on-line as connected to mixer, then that defeats the purpose of off line editing.

With the GLD editor it is just like having the mixer. My GLD is in a touring case and is only unpacked at shows. I need to totally configure it off line between shows.

Same thing for SQ now that it seems to be replacing the GLD.

I can’t unpack the SQ to prepare for every show. I need to bring a USB (and spare) with show files to the gig and load it (before there is even a show network).

Sometimes I think the folks in SQ development don’t actually use the mixers in real situations.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

but you can configure nearly the whole system
    it’s only the Custom Layers for the MixPad app and some smaller things what’s missing at the moment

I agree that it is very annoying to lose features,
    but I guess there was a reason for doing this

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.