Number of iPads?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Number of iPads?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hi Folks

Can’t find a definite answer from the manual (though I may have missed it), and don’t have enough iPads available to check for myself right now.

Is the limit 2 iPads connected, or 2 Qu-Pad Apps connected at the same time?
    i.e. Could I use 2 iPads with Qu-Pad running & a third with Qu-Contol.

I figure somebody must have tried this and know the answer.

Many thanks.

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I am not certain about ipads, (as I use android,) but I found this on the QU-Pad overview page…

“The Qu mixer supports a maximum of 8 iOS device connections, including up to two iPads running Qu-Pad, with the other devices running the Qu-You Personal Monitor app or Qu-Control Customisable App for Install which are also available free from the App Store.”

https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/qu-pad/

I also found this on the QU-Control overview page…

“Qu mixers support simultaneous connection of 7 iOS devices running Qu-Control or Qu-You, plus an iPad running Qu-Pad.”

https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/qu-control/

Overall, I understand them to mean 8 devices total. If 2 devices are running QU-Pad, then the remaining 6 devices can be running either QU-Control or QU-You.

(Confusing)

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Maximum of 2 iPads connected to the QU but 7 devices in total.

Lee

MarkPAman
    Participant

Yep, I’d found those, but thanks for looking. My reading of he second one makes me think it will work, but I’d love to hear from somebody who’s done it.

I often have 2 iPads running Qu-Pad + my iPhone doing Qu-Control. I’m considering replacing my phone in this setup with another iPad, as I’ve been offered one at a good price, and I’d prefer to keep my phone as a phone connected to the internet – how else can I send rude texts to the lighting guy!

I just need to know if it will work.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

QuPad Help still states 8 (ethernet) connections in total, no matter if the pads are running iOS, Android or whatsoever, including up to two concurrent QuPads.
    Previous versions only support a single QuPad connection and, if I remember correctly, one “other”.

MarkPAman
    Participant

Lee – have you tried it, or is that just your reading of the second of Gordon’s quotes?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Gordon’s second quote also states 8 connections in total. 7x QuControl/QuYou plus 1 QuPad. 😉

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Mark,

Only ever had 2 iPads running at once. Maybe someone on here who has access to 3 iPads could find out?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I believe that the only way to exceed 8 (which contains up to two QuPad) is to use the single available MIDI/TCP connection as per Mixing Station.

There is a hard limit of 2 QuPad – don’t know that QuControl has any such additional limit.

I have had three iPads connected – 2 running QuPad, and one running QuYou.

The connection doesn’t care what device is used…

MarkPAman
    Participant

“I have had three iPads connected – 2 running QuPad, and one running QuYou.
    The connection doesn’t care what device is used…”

That’s what I wanted to hear! So two Qu-Pad & One Qu-Cotrol should work too.

Looks like I’m getting another iPad then.

Thanks Bob!

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Mark, I have had 2 iPads using QUpad and a Samsung using mixing station all connected many times without any issues – if that helps.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I did quite a bit of experimenting with 3 iPads.
    2 Running Qu-Pad and the other Qu-You.
    It took a bit of sorting the Qu-You though.
    I also managed thanks to Andreas to connect an iPad hard wired but still limited to using only 2 Qu-Pad altho the answer I would now think about getting an Android like debzdoodle.

If I was going to get another iPad I would buy iPad pro as you can use that for external monitors using Duet on both PC and Mac.
    I’m just about to start a large project so had to rewire..

Here’s a few pics to see why I would buy the Pro….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.