Notes on the C3500

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Notes on the C3500

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I have owned a C3500 for a week now, before I had an S3000 since November 2015, so yesterday at my first gig with the C3500 I noticed two things:

a)
    EQ:
    the width button should be lockable, so you don’t always need two hands.
    please!

b)
    Double FX display?
    if you selected the FX window on the right and press SEL to call up an effect, then this effect appears on both screens.
    For the desks with one screen this is practical if the effect is on the left (on one screen), but for desks with double screens it is not a practical solution.
    It would therefore be good if the software recognizes that there is a second screen and then leaves the left screen unchanged when an effect is selected via SEL. Please note: of course only if the FX window on the right is selected!

These two things I would wish for a better workflow.
    Thanks πŸ˜‰

Wolfgang
    Participant

after some gigs in the last months with my new C3500 I would like to point out once again that I wish us on the EQ a possibility to determine the button for the EQ bandwidth.
    So not toggle, but switch between bandwidth and frequency.
    as described above under a).
    At the moment you always need two hands to operate it, but if you hold the talkback microphone in the other hand, you reach the limits of operability too quickly.

and the implementation of point b) would be just as nice. πŸ˜‰

and what really amazes me is that I miss the potentiometer for the LoCut compared to the S-series. Sure, you can also put this on the potis under the strips, but there I usually switched the PAN.

otherwise i think this console is really good, it fits my requirements best. the purchase was a good choice.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I second the point a

I have a C2500 so b is not relevant to me

some more funktionality for the LC assigned to the rotaries would be helpful,
    an indication that the LC is on or off and not only the frequency
    and maybe the HC in the same manner available on the rotaries,

and gate threshold?

Wolfgang
    Participant

right, I had already requested gate threshold in 2015.
    that would be of much more use to me personally than the threshold-function for the compressors, which is already available from the beginning.

and a display on the rotarys, which locuts or hicuts are included, would be quite interesting. but you can’t switch them on or off on the rotarys at all… hmmm.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

LC and HC on/off should be available from the EQ page. Also, highlighting the LC/HC band from the EQ page should put the Frequency on the TnT knob. To me this seems like a brainfart more than anything else – as a feature starvation choice it would be simply stupid.

Wolfgang
    Participant

EQ:
    the width button should be lockable, so you don’t always need two hands.
    please!
    please!!
    please!!!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

+1 for latching mode on PEQ Width button.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.