Not seeing a valid thumb drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Not seeing a valid thumb drive

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of psikes psikes 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

This was an odd occurrence this morning. We were mixing our our Qu 32 for a new band today and everything was going great. Saved their scene internally and then to my PNY thumb drive that I have been using for over a month now. Everything worked fine. I then formatted a new drive for another user and it formatted without a hitch. Reinserted my drive and it did not see it. I tried another known good drive and got the same indication. During a break in the rehearsal I powered down and back up, reinserted the thumb drive and all was well again. Any thoughts as to other remedies for this?

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Have seen that same thing before. Plus recently I loaned my QU16 to a friend to do a conference. He wanted to use the AMM. He bought several thumb drives to record the event. Most were on the approved list. He called me and said none would work. I couldn’t solve it on phone. Luckily he had a laptop that he hooked up and recorded on it. I just can’t explain it. Why it’s so finicky about drives. Even ones that are on the list.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Odd indeed, especially considering that it is a known good thumb drive.

My next thing to try and figure out is why the recorded level is so low.

Thanks for the response.

Phil

Profile photo of captnjones
    captnjones
    Participant

I beleive the level represents the stereo mix out level,(and it keeps a big buffer zone to avoid digital clipping) i think you have to push the stereo out to get output on the recording and /or you gain it up post-recording on a daw…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

On our SQ6 at church I use a stereo mix to feed the SQ thumb drive. I set choir, piano etc at a nominal level but jack up the pastor. That’s what is usually too low. We only use that for podcast. He peaks up into yellow and it works fine. Just can’t use stereo out or matrix.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I finally found a way to use pre-fade to the USB drive for recording. I will try this the next time I am at the mixer. Ever since we installed the Qu 32 I have been having withdrawal pains here at home. I am looking to add a Qu SB for my small band (Flute, Guitar/Bass and Drums) use.

Thanks for all of the help. It an be a sometimes painful transition for the analog to the digital mixer world.

Phil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.