Non-A&H Faders with dLive Director?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Non-A&H Faders with dLive Director?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pulp City Pritchard
    Pulp City Pritchard
    Participant

Can you control the dLive Director faders with non-Allen&Heath brand faders? It would be great to find a cheap solution for dLive control that still had some faders, like a touchscreen laptop paired with a Behringer X-Touch, Presonus Faderport, Mackie MCU, Icon Platform etc.

Pulp City Pritchard
    Participant

I imagine nobcontrol.com could add a “touch&turn” workflow. Maybe Elgato Stream Deck could be incorporated? Just throwing some ideas around.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

If nothing else you can do it using Mixing Station instead of Director.

Pulp City Pritchard
    Participant

Thanks! I forgot about Mixing Station.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

If it doesn’t have to be “through” Director, I think it should be possible with MIDI. I have no idea how to set that up, though, and I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be a pain to reconfigure.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

EDIT – second attempt at posting this.

I would second the use of Mixing Station.

This allows a user to connect a midi fader bank to the device running Mixing Station. Mixing Station already has some motorized midi fader banks “preprogrammed” into the software. The Behringer X-Touch devices are certainly supported like this. You simply plug in the X-Touch device and turn midi on in the app, and it immediately “works”. Of course you can customize the midi programming should you feel the need to change the functionality of a button or fader, etc. but not having to program everything from scratch is a huge benefit.

It should also be noted that while the connection between the device running Mixing Station and the midi device is hardwired, the device running Mixing Station can be wireless or a hardwired connection using a regular network connection (no Gigaace or Slink connections are needed). I run a X-Touch Extender plugged into my Android tablet which is wirelessly connected to the console (an Avantis in my case, but it works the same with any console).

You could easily set up a system that would allow you to have 8-16 (or more) motorized faders to control a DLive Mixrack without a surface. Total cost for an 8 fader solution is probably under $1000 (that’s for the controller, computer, and touchscreen monitor) and about $1500 for a 16 fader solution (which is still less than a single IP8 from A&H). In the end, the system could look and function very much like a Waves LV1 rig.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.