Nomadic / Personal DEEP plugin license

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Nomadic / Personal DEEP plugin license

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of EJC EJC 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of EJC
    EJC
    Participant

Searched but I couldn’t find this suggested,

I use several SQ consoles, none of which I own – however I would be more than happy to pay for the full DEEP plugin package, if there was a way to migrate the license (eg. on USB key) to whichever console I’m using at the time.

Is this a technical possibility? I cannot be the only person who uses SQ enough to make this worthwhile, but doesn’t own every desk they use!
    As the plugins already exist in the software, it’s a simple license issue, correct?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@EJC

Unfortunately no, this is not a technical possibility.
    We looked at many methods for Add-on installation and security, including USB keys and online authentication, as well as time-based demos.
    The method we use now with the unique DNA and Add-ons where a specific unit is upgraded (forever, and it’s value increased) was decided to be the most secure and reliable.
    For example, a key could be lost, stolen or broken just before a show, secure USB keys are very expensive ($100+), time limited demos are not possible without a clock (which the SQ does not have) and would be at risk of hacking, counting boot cycles would mean that some people would just leave their consoles on 24/7…

For companies or institutions with multiple consoles, we instead offer a discounted rate when purchasing the same add-ons for all.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of EJC
    EJC
    Participant

Thanks Keith, appreciate the response!

Makes sense (from a technical perspective).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.