Noise in recording with SQ-Dante card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Noise in recording with SQ-Dante card

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutersnoei woutersnoei 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Warmie
    Warmie
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve red about dante controller network error on Macs with Catalina. I’m experiencing the same issue (SQ5->MBP) but in my case there is also a problem with audio noise in my recordings. I’ve plugged windows-PC to the same system (secondary port) and it’s recording properly, at the same time Mac records noisy tracks . I’ve red the topic on d-live forum that someone had this Dante Controller issue on Catalina but had no problems with audio streaming – his recordings were ok on both machines. So I wonder if those of you who record on Catalina via Dante are having problems with proper recording or it’s just a DC showing network error and your recordings are fine? The latency status for my Mac is red – almost 12ms in DC.
    Just trying to find out if this is all Catalina and DC problem or maybe something’s wrong with my setup. All devices are set to DHCP, SQ5 audio sync is “internal” and the card is “sync to external”. 48kHz on all devices. On the picture you can see these drops in my DAW. Couple of samples on “zero” value.
    Please write about your experience 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of stuartkeys
    stuartkeys
    Participant

Hi

I have this exact same issue also, it happened once I installed Catalina. I didn’t have the network error message prior to Catalina and my recordings over dante were clear. I can only assume that this is a Catalina issue and nothing further, very frustrating!!

Profile photo of Warmie
    Warmie
    Participant

Thanks for this post stuartkeys. I’ve tried it today with another Windows PC – this time it’s the Windows10 and again all seems to work fine. I have some work to do with Dante setup in couple of days so it seems I’m gonna have to make it with PC. I know there’s still a USB connection but I bought Dante card because I don’t want to use usb which I found unstable. Hope they’re working on it :/

Profile photo of stuartkeys
    stuartkeys
    Participant

No Problem Warmie, I am in the same situation as yourself, USB connection on SQ is old school and definitely not stable with Mac setups imo.

I have looked at this a little deeper and found the following: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/catalina-and-dante-no

Audinate are really dragging their feet in getting an update on Dante Controller that works with Catalina. Seems the main problem is their end and they are fully aware if it.

Profile photo of woutersnoei
    woutersnoei
    Participant

I have the same (or at least a similar) issue, but not on Catalina; 10.14.6.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.