No sound when using QU-32 Audio for output device

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting No sound when using QU-32 Audio for output device

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bluzcat
    Bluzcat
    Participant

Greetings. This is kind of a newbie question, so forgive me if this has been asked a million times before. I just bought a QU-32 and Logic Pro X Version 10.2.4. I’ve watched a few of the tutorial videos on how to set things up, and I have most of it working I believe. Midi seems to be working both ways, with the exception that I’m not getting any signal back to the board when I play a recorded track back. I’ve configured the QU-32 so that the custom layer uses MIDI for all channels. If I move a slider in Logic, it moves on the board and vice versa. I have a mic connected to channel one, and I’m able to record just fine and see the wave form in Logic. The output for the track is Stereo Out. In the Preferences -> Audio dialog, I’ve set both Input and Output Device to QU-32 Audio, and checked the “Enabled” box for Core Audio. On my Mac, I’ve set both input/output device to QU-32 Audio. With these settings, I don’t hear a thing coming out of my monitors when I play back the recorded track. I’m looking at the meters on the QU-32 touch screen, but there’s no signal going anywhere. I have no clue where Logic sends Stereo Out, but from what I’ve gathered it should be routed to channels 17 and 18. The only way I can get the recorded track in Logic to play back through my monitors is to set Audio Output Device to “built-in”, and running a 3.5mm stereo cable between the headphone jack on the Mac and into the ST3 input on the QU-32. Obviously I don’t want to use an analog signal from the Mac’s D/A converters when I have a much better A/D/A system in the QU-32 🙂
    BTW, I’ve also set the CH/ST/Grp source to “Direct Outs” in the Setup -> I/O Patch -> USB Audio configuration on the board. I’m sure this is some configuration omission on my part, and I’d be grateful for any help I can get with this. Thanks!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Hmm, did you switch the channel source for 17/18 to USB?
    See Page 29 “Channel Processing/Preamp Source” in The Manual.

Profile photo of Bluzcat
    Bluzcat
    Participant

Hi Andreas, and thanks for the quick response. I had previously set “Global USB Source” to “USB B Streaming”, and I tried it on channels 17/18 as well without success. However, I just got it to work by choosing “Select All” and changing them to “USB B Streaming”. I’m not sure exactly which channel is used by Logic to send Stereo Out back on, but it works now 🙂
    Thanks!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Now you can check the meters 😉

You need to enable the global USB tonne USB b rather than qu drive, then the individual channel tonne USB rather than local or dSnake

Profile photo of Bri Doom
    Bri Doom
    Participant

Hi. I’m also in a similar situation on my new QU32 studio set up. I knew the learning curve would be steep, but…Do I plug my monitors in the control room to the Main LR Output XLR’s on the QU32? or “alt out” jack sockets?
    Slightly defeated.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Yes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.