No signal from PC

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting No signal from PC

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TWells
    TWells
    Participant

Just got the QU16. Downloaded drivers and updated firmware. I can plug a mic into a channel and hera sound, but nothing coming from PC.

The sound card shows the qu16, but no sound when I play a track on windows media player. My DAW’s show the qu16, but again – no sound when I play a track.

I could really use some help please! Thank you.

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Did you change the source of the CH on the Qu to USB Streaming?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Requires both selecting USB on the channel, and USB B as the global source…

Profile photo of TWells
    TWells
    Participant

Thank you. I have audio now. The only thing I am unclear about is how do I send a mix back to my DAW?

What I mean is this: Let’s say I have 12 tracks recorded in my DAW. I change the DAW output on these tracks to the first 12 inputs on the Qu. No problem. I hear audio and control the volume of each channel with the fader. If I want to mix using these faders (rather than my mouse or automation in the DAW) I don’t know how to get the mix of those channels from the Qu back to the DAW>

On my old Mackie 1640i channels 15/16 could be set to go back and I’d create a stereo track in the DAW with 15/16 as the input.

Would it be something similar here? I don’t know how to get this mix from the Qu back into a channel in the DAW.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Output routing configuration should let you push audio back to the DAW, no manual on hand to look up the page though.

Normally 17/18 IIRC

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Page 59, Section 8.14

If you are seeing the QU as a multi-input device then the default configuration is for Channels 17/18 to be the L&R (prefade?) outputs.

If you are seeing the QU as a stereo device (which I doubt, since you are looking at it as a DAW and sending many channels) then you should be able to pick off CH17-18 or reconfigure L&R to 1&2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.